Re: Beginner Question: Insert contents of element in running head

Subject: Re: Beginner Question: Insert contents of element in running head
From: Karl Eichwalder <keichwa@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 03:46:34 +0200 (CEST)
"Sebastian Rahtz" <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I know its a bit of a cheek saying this on the DSSSL list, but if you
> switched to XML and XSL, you'd find that my family of XSL stylesheets
> for TEI (http://users.ox.ac.uk/~rahtz/tei/) solve this, and other
> problems, for you.

There's no need to "switch" to XML to use XSL, though...  normalize your
SGML source files and your XSLT engine should be happy.

> I am not aware of any substantial TEI DSSSL effort to match Norm's
> monumental efforts with Docbook.

For simple TEI documents ("papers") it should work to do Architectural
Forms Processing and to use the DocBook DSSSL stylesheets to produce the
RTF/PS and HTML.

Reminder: DSSSL is an ISO standard while XSL is a ...  verbose language.

--
work : ke@xxxxxxx                          |                   ,__o
     : http://www.suse.de/~ke/             |                 _-\_<,