RE: (dsssl) Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Dynamic DSSSL

Subject: RE: (dsssl) Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Dynamic DSSSL
From: MARK.WROTH@xxxxxxxxxxx (Wroth, Mark)
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 08:47:43 -0800
Adam Di Carlo <adam@xxxxxxxxxxx>, responding to
Devin Weaver <ktohg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> I'm not that great at DSSSL. I'm still learning.
>> I was wondering how could I query the value of the status attribute in
>>
>> What I want to do is if I have <book status="draft"> have
>> (define %show-comments% #t)
>> but if it's <book status="final"> have
>> (define %show-comments% #f)
>>
>> Is this possible?

>It's definately possible.   However, I don't have the time to track
>this down.  I'll refer you to the <dssslist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>where the DSSSL hackers hang out.

How easy it is depends on whether you know a priori the GI of the element
that has the attribute you're interested in.  If you do, then

	(attribute-string "STATUS" (ancestor "book"))

should work.  A more robust approach requires code to find the root element,
a solution for which has previously been posted to this list --
unfortunately I don't have it immediately at hand, but the archives should
show it without too much searching.