Re: (dsssl) twoside

Subject: Re: (dsssl) twoside
From: MARK.WROTH@xxxxxxxxxxx (Wroth, Mark)
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 09:16:00 -0800
Adam Di Carlo <adam@xxxxxxxxxxx> commented (in response to Peter Nilsson)

>"Nilsson, Peter" <pni@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> > JadeTeX, I remind myself, forces a page sequence to occupy an even
>> > number of pages if twosidedness is turned on. Can anyone defend this?
>>
>> I've never seen something in the spec forcing this (just checked). It
>> doesn't talk about single- or double-sided pages in the section about
s-p-s.

>I guess it sounds like a bug.

Does it really? I would not expect a simple page sequence to necessarily
have an even or odd number of pages in general. But if the document is
specified to be two-sided (which, BTW, I did not realize was _possible_ with
a simple-page-sequence), I would expect it to have an even number of pages.

If I start printing on a recto page, the last page of the document must be a
verso -- unless you can produce a printer that prints on a Mobius strip :-).
Mind you, it's perfectly reasonable for that last page to be blank, and it's
less clear what the behavior of an electronic version of that document
should be.  But I actually prefer having that blank last page there, as my
photocopiers then behave correctly when reproducing it.