Re: (dsssl) Double-dash sign and TeX backend

Subject: Re: (dsssl) Double-dash sign and TeX backend
From: Yann Dirson <ydirson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 14:18:35 +0200
On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 12:45:59PM +0100, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> David Carlisle writes:
>  > Safer to use -\kern\z@ as {} doesn't normally supress ligatures
>  > (although it will in this case as - isn't (normally) a letter.
>  >
>  > I thought jadetex had some code for this already, Sebastian?
>
> Only in recent openjade releases, I think. i fear many people do not
> use the current jade.

Probably if someone worked on the huge performance issue that 1.4devel
has, more people would use it.  Already hearing perf complaints from
users when switching from sgmlspl to jade, I stick with 1.3.

--
Yann Dirson <Yann.Dirson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Free-Software Engineer				      Ingénieur Logiciel-Libre