(dsssl) RE: DSSSL Book

Subject: (dsssl) RE: DSSSL Book
From: "Javier Farreres de la Morena" <spanish@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 13:13:35 +0100
>From: "Markus Hoenicka" <markus.hoenicka@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: (dsssl) DSSSL Book
>
>first of all, I'd greatly appreciate a book about DSSSL. I remember
>learning DSSSL from the standard wasn't exactly a smooth experience,
>so any book about the topic would make it a lot more accessible to new
>users.

That's why I started working on the book two years ago.

>Some companies do this kind of dead tree plus web publishing. Look at
>O'Reilly (http://www.ora.com) and NewRiders
>(http://www.newriders.com). I have never attempted to publish a book
>with either of them (actually, I've never attempted to publish a book
>at all...), but I know that at least O'Reilly is pretty picky about
>the authors. If you're not a native speaker you lose unless you are
>either extremely good or hire a native speaker as a co-author (who

Well, I'll try. My idea of having the book on paper and on the internet
is twofold. It is more comfortable for anyone to read on paper, but having
the book also on the internet would help the spread of DSSSL.

>would have to polish the language). I think you should still go ahead
>and try simply because there's not much out there about DSSSL.

About a co-author, that's why I post this message here. I can write english,
but that's not my mother language. The text will need reviewing, of course.
And being the subject so complex, I think the content should also be reviewed.

And about the lack of DSSSL material, that's why  I started working on it.

>From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?H=E5kon?= Wium Lie <howcome@xxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: (dsssl) DSSSL Book
>
>Indeed, learning material is always appreciated. Personally, I'm still
>stuggling with my style sheet comparison chart. The PSL language is a
>recent, although still incomplete, addition.
>
>  http://people.opera.com/howcome/2003/style/chart.html

I remember having accessed your comparison table time ago. I can send you
the text so you can check it if you want. Although it is half in spanish
half in english now. It is not completely in spanish. Sometimes it is easier
for me to put english when the text in the standard is ok, as for example
in the explanation of the groves structure.

>------------------------------
>
>Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 17:33:03 -0500
>From: "Pavel Tolkachev" <pavel.tolkachev@xxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: (dsssl) DSSSL Book

Thanks for your pointers on publishing companies. I'll check.

>I would consider taking part in translation your book to Russian... as
soon
>as someone else translates it to English.. :-) sorry, I do not know any
Spanish
>:-(.

Well, any translation would be nice. But let's start with english!

Nueva Tiscali ADSL libre www.tiscali.es/libre
¡¡¡ POR SÓLO 16,95 euros al mes !!!
+ tiempo de conexión (0,024 ./min.)
Y cuota máxima garantizada de 39,95 ./mes
AHORA ALTA GRATIS
¡¡¡ Por fin pagas por lo que consumes !!!