Re: [jats-list] JATS Publishing 1.2: author social media profiles

Subject: Re: [jats-list] JATS Publishing 1.2: author social media profiles
From: "matt_g_broadhead@xxxxxxxxx matt_g_broadhead@xxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2019 11:55:47 -0000
Thanks to everyone who replied to this. I'm inclined to think that the
contrib-id full URL capture is the most comprehensive solution in terms of
display. Just having "BillGates" doesn't necessarily tell the reader whether
it's Twitter, Instagram, etc., unless the website knows how to deal with all
the contrib-id-types.
Yours
Matt
Matt Broadhead | matt_g_broadhead@xxxxxxxxx | +44 (0)7866 627085

    On Thursday, 14 November 2019, 16:49:58 GMT, Lizzi, Vincent
vincent.lizzi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi Matt,

We had a similar requirement to link to social media profiles and use
contrib-id. Here are a few examples:

<contrib-id contrib-id-type="orcid">0000-0002-1825-0097</contrib-id>

<contrib-id contrib-id-type="twitter">BillGates</contrib-id>

<contrib-id contrib-id-type="twitter">BillGates</contrib-id>

<contrib-id contrib-id-type="linkedin">williamhgates</contrib-id>

Usually we only capture the unique identifier, but in some content the full
URL is captured.

<contrib-id
contrib-id-type="linkedin">https://www.linkedin.com/in/williamhgates/</contri
b-id>