Re: [jats-list] JATS Publishing 1.2: author social media profiles

Subject: Re: [jats-list] JATS Publishing 1.2: author social media profiles
From: "Jeff Beck beck.jeff@xxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2019 12:53:32 -0000
> Just having "BillGates" doesn't necessarily tell the reader whether it's
Twitter, Instagram,
> etc., unless the website knows how to deal with all the contrib-id-types.

Matt, this is exactly why people are suggesting contrib-id over one of the
link elements.

<contrib-id contrib-id-type="twitter">BillGates</contrib-id>

You know that "BillGates" is Twitter because it is explicit in the XML. And
you can decide what to tell the reader when you are delivering the content
- now and in some future format (when twitter might not be cool and you no
longer want to include it in the display).

Jeff