Re: [jats-list] Using JATS DTDs with Oxygen XML Editor

Subject: Re: [jats-list] Using JATS DTDs with Oxygen XML Editor
From: "Wendell Piez wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2021 22:01:46 -0000
Hey Michael,

Why not have support for both Blue and Green in a single framework, with
your upgrade transformation available there, and separate Validation
Scenarios for pre- and post-process checks?

Readers of this list have had good experience, as I understand it, using
schemas in sequence, from loose to tight, not excluding Schematron schemas,
to support QA and editorial workflows, like this, sometimes over more than
one phase of work ...

Perhaps this is complicated by the mods you have made to Blue, but in point
of fact I think it should be possible even to write those mods in a clean
way, so that your Blue implementation continues to be a more restricted
form of Green (albeit modified and touched up in some places). YMMV though,
it is true, and if the mods are complex or at all "improvised", I can
understand why you might wish to flatten etc.

In that view of it you might be best calling your Blue more of a cousin of
Green than a close sibling, and spinning it off for maintenance (the way it
sounds like you are doing).

Cheers, Wendell

On Thu, Mar 4, 2021 at 4:43 PM Michael Boudreau mboudreau@xxxxxxxxxxxx <
jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi, Julie,
>

> Thanks for the forum linkbI was actually hoping that merging all the
files
> for the blue and green DTDS into a single folder (teal?) would work, but
> then I realized that our slightly customized version of the blue DTD was
> made with changes to some of the files they have in common. Nevertheless,
> thatbs an idea I need to file away if I never need to convert between
> unmodified versions of both DTDs.
>

> --
>
> Michael R. Boudreau
>
> Electronic Publishing Technology Manager
>
> The University of Chicago Press
>
> 1427 E. 60th Street
>
> Chicago, IL 60637
>
> www.journals.uchicago.edu
>

> *From: *"Julie Blair julie.blair@xxxxxxxxxxx" <
> jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> *Date: *Thursday, March 4, 2021 at 11:22 AM
> *To: *"jats-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >
> *Subject: *Re: [jats-list] Using JATS DTDs with Oxygen XML Editor
>

> Hi Michael,
>

> I had this issue, albeit several years and versions ago but merging the 2
> DTDs into 1 worked. Check this thread for further info:
>
> https://www.oxygenxml.com/forum/topic13010.html

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.oxygenxml.com/forum/topic13010.html__
;!!BpyFHLRN4TMTrA!taKjqXYWsnMiImTE_5KEPZ7vxo08UvoTkhutjo8c2b89EWNai-r-bAXOGzR
raqIt_ESo$>

> Best,
>
> Julie Blair
>
> SAGE Publications
>

> Is anyone using Oxygen XML Editor to work with instances of the various
> JATS DTDs (e.g., blue and green)?
>
> JATS-List info and archive

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/www.mulberrytech.com/JATS/JATS-List/__;!!B
pyFHLRN4TMTrA!taKjqXYWsnMiImTE_5KEPZ7vxo08UvoTkhutjo8c2b89EWNai-r-bAXOGzRrags
XXhKQ$>

> EasyUnsubscribe

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/lists.mulberrytech.com/unsub/jats-list/298
6360__;!!BpyFHLRN4TMTrA!taKjqXYWsnMiImTE_5KEPZ7vxo08UvoTkhutjo8c2b89EWNai-r-b
AXOGzRrav3ojCbi$>

--
...Wendell Piez... ...wendell -at- nist -dot- gov...
...wendellpiez.com... ...pellucidliterature.org... ...pausepress.org...