Re: Venting

Subject: Re: Venting
From: "Don Park" <donpark@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 13:31:06 -0800
>Why should I worry about the language being split, and the transformation
>part being carried off, and moulded to a more generic purpose, then layered
>with FOs.... becaus then the focus wouldn't be on producing optimal
>transformation for styling, and I fear it would get bent in several
>different directions, none of which have anything to do with XML styling.

There is nothing to worry about because you will have XSL that does
everything you want.  Why should you care if XSL just happens to be based on
XTL?  What should you care if XTL has some additional features that you
don't need?

What I don't understand is why you would oppose something that will benefit
great number of people without affecting you negatively?  We are not trying
to hijack the XSL process.  All we are asking is that we share the ride
since we are going the same way.

Best,

Don Park
Docuverse