RE: What about IE5

Subject: RE: What about IE5
From: Guy_Murphy@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 10:54:40 +0000
Hi Didier.

Glad youo liked it. When I was doing the windows, I did wonder what you
would think of them, as I remember you expressed interest in the matter
before.

And yes HTC are fun, and fortunately useful. The XSL practitioner at
present finds themselves ina limbo whereby they are waiting on converging
technologies to, we converge <g> On top of that, a lot of what we're
waiting for requires support in the User Agent. Well, until that support is
hardcoded, HTCs go a long way to allowing us to impliment that support in
the User Agent with the likes of both FOs and XLink.

As for the bug.... it's not a bug, the browser is running in a special
mode. Nice for presentation, but I agree not the most environmetaly
friendly, but as I said it's a proof of concept site, and I want to be able
to splurge across the screen. If everyone had a 21" monitor I wouldn't
bother, but as many visitors might have 17" I want to make full use of the
screen real estate.

If you do any work with XSL and HTCs, I'd love to hear about it.

Cheers
     Guy Murphy
     guy_murphy@xxxxxxxxxx
     www.guy-murphy.easynet.co.uk