RE: apache,perl,xml,xsl

Subject: RE: apache,perl,xml,xsl
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 19:43:05 -0400
Hi Matthew,

<Comment>
Uggh..maybe it doesn't bite....but it requires running NT [which kinda does.
*/me ducking from Win* evangelists present on list ;)*]
</comment>

<reply>
These people are not Win evangelist but people having a concrete job to do.
This job happens to be on Win. We help these people do their job without
preconceived idea. We help them resolve their problem without having
religious bigotry. If this is on Unix, we try our best shot to help the
person on Unix if we have some knowledge on it. If it is on Win, idem. We
try to share knowledge and help together accomplish our goals. If comments
are on Win platform we learn, if comments are on Unix platform we learn. In
one word Matthew, this called tolerance. The opposite of tolerance is what
you see today in some part of the world (you know what I mean). Hope, the
message is clear and loud enough.
</reply>

<Comment>
Yes, there appears to be quite a bit of momentum in the perl community to
get X*L modules out there, but more promising for widespread use is Cocoon.
I can't wait to play with it, I just have to recompile Apache for mod_jserv
!

I more or less wanted to know what others are doing, their aproaches, etc.
</Comment>

<reply>
I like your last sentence. Keep that spirit and practice tolerance. If you
want more info on problems with Perl Perl-xml got a good thread recently on
expat to Perl performance improvements. Everybody learned tremendously in
this thread. As soon as you tried cocoon and get more info, please share it
with us. We'll be happy to learn from you.
</reply>

regards
Didier PH Martin
mailto:martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx