Re: apache,perl,xml,xsl

Subject: Re: apache,perl,xml,xsl
From: "Matthew MacKenzie" <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 19:38:21 -0300
> Hi,
>
> Matthew, don't be afraid, It don't bite :-) No seriously, don't think that

Uggh..maybe it doesn't bite....but it requires running NT [which kinda does.
*/me ducking from Win* evangelists present on list ;)*]

> we are solely restricted to IIS. In fact, this question brought me a lot
of
> interest for other platform too where things like ASP are not present. An
> expanded XSL processor could be very useful for Apache too. And PerlScript
> can be made to run with Apache. If you where thinking of a XSL
> implementation in Perl. ??? I don't know. Better ask the Perl-Xml guys.

Yes, there appears to be quite a bit of momentum in the perl community to
get X*L modules out there, but more promising for widespread use is Cocoon.
I can't wait to play with it, I just have to recompile Apache for mod_jserv
!

I more or less wanted to know what others are doing, their aproaches, etc.

Matthew.