Re: Accessible FOs (was: Re: Transformation + FOs makes abuse easy)

Subject: Re: Accessible FOs (was: Re: Transformation + FOs makes abuse easy)
From: James Tauber <jtauber@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 10:31:09 +0800
At 12:32 AM 4/29/1999 -0500, Paul Prescod wrote:
>It occurs to me that the minimum list of document objects has already be
>described in the ICADD standard:
>
>http://www.cm.spyglass.com/doc/icadd/
>
>"The International Committee for Accessible Document Design ("ICADD") has
>published guidelines for designing SGML applications which enable the
>preparation of texts for near-automatic conversion to Grade 2 Braille and
>for publication both in large print and computer voice editions."

What would be nice (and I think this is entirely possible with XSL as it
stands) is for people to include ICADD SDAFORMs in their FOs. For
example:

<fo:root
	xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/XSL/Format/1.0";
	xmlns:icadd="http://www.cm.spyglass.com/doc/icadd";

	<fo:block icadd:SDAFORM="h1">...</fo:block>
	<fo:block icadd:SDAFORM="para">...</fo:block>
</fo:root>

James