Re: [xsl] XSLT vs Perl

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT vs Perl
From: David Tolpin <dvd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 17:11:34 +0400 (AMT)

> Xslt has been designed as a language with a purpose;

It was designed as a language with a purpose.

> perl has neither of these attributes, hence perl's chaotic nature and
> unmaintainabilty.

Same about perl and almost the same purpose. What about maintainability,
look at CPAN. Can XSLT dream about this volume of maintainable and usable code?

> But I
> think, as well, it's a matter of apples and pears. An XSLT application
> would, IMO, also include Java or some other language. Perl fills in any gap
> it can gets it's paws on,

A perl application typically includes code written in C, Java and other
languages, if needed.

> but I'd rather use python if push came to shove.

What's the difference between Python and XSLT 2.0?

David Tolpin
http://davidashen.net/