Re: [xsl] ePub XSLT out there?

Subject: Re: [xsl] ePub XSLT out there?
From: jeroen@xxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 10:16:41 +0200
Quoting Jacobus Reyneke <jacobusreyneke@xxxxxxxxx>:

I was hoping to find all the bits in one place to create and zip the ePub compound file without having to look under the bonnet and understand all intricacies of the ePub specification. I know that not everyone agrees, but I am certain that with a bit of clever thinking one can create a toolset that will take XSL-FO to ePub. There are some fundamental differences, but they are overrated and this should provide a "good enough" solution to most problems.

XSL-FO is a fairly presentation oriented format, so if you have something more semantic to start with, you will probably have an easier task creating nice
XHTML from it (and then packaging that up in ePub, with all the added complications, and device dependent restrictions.)

Jeroen.