Re: [xsl] Unable to get Firefox to apply XSL

Subject: Re: [xsl] Unable to get Firefox to apply XSL
From: "Wolfhart Totschnig wolfhart.totschnig@xxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 21:21:11 -0000
I faced the same problem a year ago. It was part of an issue that I
posted on this list (on the 21st of February, to be precise). Martin
Honnen, in a reply to my post, surmised that Firefox executes the
stylesheet only when it is in the same folder or a subordinate folder as
the XML file, not when it is in a superordinate folder. I found this
assumption to be correct. So, as far as I was able to figure out back
then, there are two solutions to the problem:

1) Move the XSL stylesheet to the same or a subordinate folder as the
XML file.
2) Install a web server on the computer and serve the XML file via the
web server.

I chose option 2 because, in my case, it was the easier solution.

Cheers,
Wolfhart