Re: [xsl] Unable to get Firefox to apply XSL

Subject: Re: [xsl] Unable to get Firefox to apply XSL
From: "Martin Honnen martin.honnen@xxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 21:21:49 -0000
Am 29.03.2022 um 23:06 schrieb Michele R Combs mrrothen@xxxxxxx:

> This is XSL-coding-adjacent so Ibm hoping someone knows.
>
> Firefox is declining to apply an xsl stylesheet to an XML document.B
> This is a pair of documents Ibve used many times over the years for
> demoing how the browser can be used to apply XSL to render an XML file
> into HTML.B  Last year we had to tweak Firefoxbs
> B privacy.file.unique.origin setting in about:config but that
> particular setting doesnbt seem to be present in this latest version
> of Firefox, at least I donbt see it in about:config, nor anything
> resembling it.B  Both the XML and XSL are in the same local folder on
> my desktop.B  If anyone knows a fix Ibd be grateful.

I think your only chance with most current browsers is serving over HTTP
(e.g. localhost), relatively easy these days where I think most
platforms/programming languages come with some way to run a local HTTP
server, but of course no convincing way for people accustomed to the
ease the file system used to offer but browser vendors have decided to
take away.