Re: [xsl] Unable to get Firefox to apply XSL

Subject: Re: [xsl] Unable to get Firefox to apply XSL
From: "Michele R Combs mrrothen@xxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 13:40:08 -0000
Thanks to everyone who responded.  Unfortunately I think local servers etc.
would be much too complicated for my audience and require too much time/effort
to set up for each person (everyone uses their own laptop).  This is for a
library science course, and the only reason my students need this setup is so
they can complete a single assignment - i.e., to create an EAD-encoded finding
guide for the archival collection they've been working on.  The assignment is
intended merely as a brief introduction to finding aids encoding, and the
simplest way for them to check their work and make sure it looks nice/is
correct is to view their EAD in their browser.  In years past this has been
straightforward, but it's getting progressively more difficult to give them a
simple turn-key method, what with different laptops, different operating
systems, and different browsers.  I suppose I could give them Saxon and a
pre-written batch file so all they have to do is double-click; saxon is pretty
self-contained.
Anyway, thanks very much for all the options and the discussion - I've learned
a lot and will save all these emails for future reference :)
Michele

On 29-03-22 18:06, Michele R Combs mrrothen@xxxxxxx<mailto:mrrothen@xxxxxxx>