Re: [xsl] Unable to get Firefox to apply XSL

Subject: Re: [xsl] Unable to get Firefox to apply XSL
From: "Wendell Piez wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 17:00:56 -0000
Hi,

Unfortunately none of the workarounds suggested so far have quite the
goodness Michele needs, in a pedagogical context, where she would like her
students to be washed in a wave of startled satisfaction at the end of
their course, on seeing their hard-edged, pointy-bracketed code magically
dressed for the ball by their favorite computer application, namely their
well-worn web browser, no extension, no fussy download.

Without that file system view this might still be possible, but not as easy.

However, I am also not sure we are not already past that point. Michele, is
this for a web-literate audience (who knows about HTML, CSS and servers),
or are they really neophytes to markup-based information processing?

A couple of my demos at https://wendellpiez.github.io/XMLjellysandwich/
offer hints of what is possible today, but there is much more to be done in
this area. I believe magic is still possible even without the
xml-stylesheet PI over the file system. But it'll be somewhat different.

Regards, Wendell

On Wed, Mar 30, 2022 at 12:32 PM Dean Fiala dfiala@xxxxxxxxx <