Re: Ris: [xsl] suggestion for an xml editor, please?

Subject: Re: Ris: [xsl] suggestion for an xml editor, please?
From: "Steven D. Majewski steve.majewski@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 15:44:15 -0000
Ibll add that another nice feature of Oxygen is the ability to do XML aware
regex search and replace, for example, to restrict search and replace to
contents of specific elements or to exclude element tags and only do
replacement on text elements.

christopher.papademetrious@xxxxxxxxxxxx

> Building on what Michele says, Oxygen also provides various
element/attribute rename/unwrap/deletion refactoring actions that let you
perform more advanced actions that use XPath-like expressions (renaming
attributes in certain elements, unwrapping elements in certain parent
elements, etc.).

> Two of my favorite XSLT-related Oxygen features are:
>
> When running XSLT transformations, it preserves the input documentbs
serialization structure as much as possible.
> In a revision control context, this is useful for minimizing the diff/blame
footprint.
> You can preview an XSLT transformation on a set of files before applying it,
complete with a side-by-side diff of what would be applied.

<xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2022 9:49 AM
> To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Bauman, Syd s.bauman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: Ris: [xsl] suggestion for an xml editor, please?
>
> Thatbs pretty basic functionality for an XML editor.  I canbt speak to
the other suggestions, but Oxygen for sure will do exactly that.  You select a
chunk of text and then just double-click on the element you want to wrap it
in.  You can also switch back and forth between XML-encoding mode and plain
text mode, which is handy if you need to search/replace element attribute.
For example you could search on <emph render=italic and replace with <emph
render=bold