RE: Students and copyright

Subject: RE: Students and copyright
From: <wford@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 22:18:52 -0500 (CDT)
Asli,

You were told to ask permission from the author merely to
"reference" his or her table?

Also, what were you going to do if he/she said no? Skip the
discussion of the table? Find a new topic entirely to write
about? And is your institution's excessive enthusiasm for
asking permission limited only to tables? Why not quotations also?

-Bill