RE: Students and copyright

Subject: RE: Students and copyright
From: aslihan akkar <aslihanakkar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 08:08:17 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Bill,

it was a long time ago, but I remember it being a table from some other author and this was how it was handled. I'm not sure if people were being too delicate about the subject.
But you are right, what would have I done, if he said "no". :))

By the way, I don't think their enthusiasm was only limited to taking permission for tables. :)) Anyway, I was interested in experiencing about the subject in general.

Greetings,
Asli

wford@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote: Asli,

You were told to ask permission from the author merely to
"reference" his or her table?

Also, what were you going to do if he/she said no? Skip the
discussion of the table? Find a new topic entirely to write
about? And is your institution's excessive enthusiasm for
asking permission limited only to tables? Why not quotations also?

-Bill