RE: E-Reserves question

Subject: RE: E-Reserves question
From: Sandy Thatcher <sandy.thatcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 19:33:50 -0500
I am curious to know what you consider "exorbitant." The blanket license that the CCC offers would cost most universities in Div. 1 less than the annual salary of an assistant football coach. Do universities consider football more important than providing course materials? (Don't answer that question!)

One can't reduce expenditures on the big deals? What is sacred about big deals? Already they have been discontinued at a number of universities.

So, an adverse decision in the GSU case will lead librarians to take revenge on university presses by cancelling monograph purchases? That's certainly a mature attitude.