Re: [stella] Cubis the text

Subject: Re: [stella] Cubis the text
From: Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Eckhard Stolberg)
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 20:52:11 +0100
>Perhaps you could just make each row of blocks in the well a different color.

>I am curious, though.  Are the blocks done with playfield graphics?  If so,
>then you could make the piece to be dropped a two player graphics together,
>couldn't you?  Heck, you could even make it one player graphic if you just
>made it do the double wide or quad wide thing, right?  Then you could get all
>kinds of funky effects by changing the color of the player graphic each scan
>line, right?

The bin is done with missile graphics, the score with player and ball graphics
and everything else is done with playfield graphics.

I can and probably will do the falling stone with player graphics to give it
a different colour. That would have to be the same as the bin, though. But too
much funky stuff would confuse more than it would help, I think.

I also might try different colours for the rows. But I think I will just alter
between two colours, because the PAL VCS seems to have a different colourset
than the NTSC version. One with a lot more grey, wich is not that suitable for
this purpose.

So your VCS life program is on hold right now? Too bad, now that I have
traded for a set of keyboard controllers, just to play your game. :-)

Thank you for your comments. I think I have enough to try out for the rest of
this year.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg
2stolber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx