Re: [stella] Technologies

Subject: Re: [stella] Technologies
From: Greg Troutman <mor@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 10:38:17 -0800
Glenn Saunders wrote:

> I've already expressed my desire to see the first user-written 4-char or
> 6-char megasprite.

The mothership in Rescue is a 4-char sprite.

> SC Ram has already been utlitized by Dark Mage and Domino.  It would be
> nice to see the first Multiload game.

Dark Mage utilizes SC bank-switching, but does not use RAM.  I've not
been able to successfully use SC RAM at all yet.  It always crashes.  I
think it's because I frequently access zero page in extended mode (sta.w
$0021, instance) to adjust for single cycle count precision in my
kernels.  I think that inadvertently kicks in RAM and barfs all over my
code.  Obviously there would be ways to fix that, but I haven't had time
to really delve in though.

--
mor@xxxxxxx
http://www.crl.com/~mor/