RE: [stella] Hiragana Font For The 2600

Subject: RE: [stella] Hiragana Font For The 2600
From: Eric Christensen <echristensen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 10:45:42 -0500
Watashi mo nihongo o hanashimasu.

	-----Original Message-----
	From:	Nick S Bensema [SMTP:nickb@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
	Sent:	Friday, April 17, 1998 12:15 AM
	To:	stella@xxxxxxxxxxx
	Subject:	Re: [stella] Hiragana Font For The 2600

	and P.P.S.  For those of you who aren't me or Chris....
"kudasai" means
	"please" or, when used without another verb, "please give me".
It
	doesn't mean "push" or "button".  "oshite" means push, with a
-te
	ending used to weld it onto "kudasai".  The word "button' is
left
	out as there isn't anything else to push, really..

	And the "i" sound is sort of swallowed in "oshite", as it
usually is when
	the syllable "shi" is placed right before a syllable that begins
with "t".
	The result is that it doesn't sound ANYTHING like an English
curse word.

	--
	Archives (includes files) at
http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/