Re: [stella] Four-player adapter?

Subject: Re: [stella] Four-player adapter?
From: "A.K.A. TheWiz" <dankna@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 08:15:33 -0400
> >  Can you ask him if he's wired (any) Nintendo controller to an Atari, and,
> >if so, what chip he used?  I'm new to electronics but would like to try this.
> >
> I personally wired a Nintendo controller to a 2600.  The 7800 model is more
> difficult.  Anyway, I don't have the specs with me, but basically, you must
> remove the chip from the NES controller.  Be careful not to remove the
> traces.  Atari was based on an analog controller setup, so the digital chip
> is useless.  Once removed, you hook the Atari controller wires to certain
> pin holes and solder them into place.  No chips necessary.  I needed a few
> resistors for the 7800 NES joystick, but that was about it.I don't have my
> specs with me (they're at home)  but I'm sure I could get a hold of them.
> But that's basically the start.

  But then it's really an Atari controller in disguise - I couldn't, for
example, plug an Advantage in...  Oh, well, thanks for the info.

___Dan_Knapp____The_Mauve_Baron______________________Beep Blip Bonk_______
<dankna@xxxxxxxxxx><dankna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> http://users.bergen.org/~dankna
GCS/M d? s: a---:+++ C++++ U++ !P L+ !E W-- N o K !w !O M+ PS+ PE+++ Y
PGP- !t !5 !X R- tv-- b++++ DI D---- G++>-- e !h !r y
rec.games.video.classic, NES, Atari 2600, C64, Mac yes Mac
Schooling is not to impart knowledge, but to impart ability.