Re: [stella] MPW & Rasm?

Subject: Re: [stella] MPW & Rasm?
From: Ruffin Bailey <rufbo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 98 10:49:27 -0000
>  I tried re-downloading, but A) same result, and B) since mactools.zip
>unzipped properly, the download MUST have worked, right?
>
>  Can anyone help?

Well, I'll certainly try!

One, don't assume that the download absolutely worked.  Does Distella
work?  Type "distella" in the MPW Worksheet and hit enter and tell me
what happens.  This does sound MPW related, rather than RAsm.

I used the command line that you provided on my version of MPW and it
worked without a hitch.  This of course leads me to several more
questions:

1.)  What sort of Mac are you using?
2.)  What version of the MacOS are you using?
3.)  What version of MPW do you have?  (And the about box has a pretty
fancy animation, btw!)

Also, if you would, open the parent directory of MPW, select all with
cmd-A, copy with cmd-c, and paste the results in your email (or send them
as a text attachment) to this Stella list.

Finally, I would be amiss if I did not mention that you should make sure
you don't actually have an apostrophe in your command line in MPW.   ;)

As an alternate source of help (and I hope we can get everything fixed
here), you can look at this URL at Apple's site and subscribe to the MPW
mailing list:

http://devworld.apple.com/dev/tools/mpw-tools/

At any rate, just send the info and hopefully we'll clear this up!

Ruffin Bailey           |  Write Atari 2600 games on your Mac!
rufbo at bellsouth.net  |  http://members.aol.com/~mactari