Re: [stella] Thrust!

Subject: Re: [stella] Thrust!
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 13:54:33 +0100
At 17:07 02.11.99 +0100, you wrote:

>The binary is what i got at this moment, just the
>kernel and some basics, most of the gameplay is still
>missing. What do you think? Does it work on a real
>vcs? I have no access to real hardware, just testet
>with z26.

I have tried it on my PAL 7800, as my VCS with the Supercharger is
currently packed away. Thrust works nicely on it. Even the colours
look acceptable, although they are different from the NTSC ones that
z26 uses by default. The only problem is that when a life is lost
and a new ship appears, the screen jumps a bit as if it were out
of sync for one frame. If the setup routine for a new ship takes longer
to execute than you have time in the VBLANK and overscan part of the screen,
it might be better to blank the screen for a full frame instead.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg