Re: [stella] FAQ draft proposal

Subject: Re: [stella] FAQ draft proposal
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 15:22:58 +0200
At 00:06 16.05.2000 -0700, you wrote:

>Do we all want to have something that reads like a book, or something that
>is merely a browse and search engine through existing data?

I think that having a book on VCS programming would be great, especially
if we could publish it as BoD or something similar, but getting an
educational book comprehensive and well structured isn't an easy task
and would take quite a long time. Also having all of us writing it at the
same time doesn't help either. We would need someone with profound knowledge
on the VCS and a good writing skill to at least work it over in the end.

So I think it would be best if we start with creating a FAQ that
gives a brief overview and then points to the existing guides and code
examples. We could then decide which guidess need to be updated, what kind
of guidess need to be newly created and how the main FAQ would need to
be structured, so that you can read one guide after the other as an
on going course on VCS programming.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg