Re: [stella] Thrust 1.0

Subject: Re: [stella] Thrust 1.0
From: "Thomas Jentzsch" <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 16:20:06 +0200
"John K. Harvey" <jkharvey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>Ok, here's the low-down. >I got to level 24 today.
The rookie mode seems to be a bit to easy... ;-)

>Really wanted to see 25.  Oh well.
>Was it something neat?
Sorry, but that's exactly what happens in the original, do you have
any better ideas? I could simply double the number of levels if you
have another idea for a factor that really really sucks...

>For game selection 1:
>First off, at level 17, I rolled the score.  That's kind of a problem,
>seeing as I hasn't even gotten that far yet.
Yes, that's because i wanted to use the original scores. So i did
some dirty hack: the last digit mod 5 gives you the missing 100000.
I didn't expect someone could get that far so easy...

>Second, I'm finding that levels 1,2, and 3 are very easy, which is good,
>because it's easy to get much-needed fuel.
Do you think you're running out of fuel to fast?

>But the issue is that all
>reactors can be destroyed quite easily from levels 1-5, without even
>bothering to get the Klystron (?) Pods.  It makes me avoid the diffculty of
>moving around with a Klystron Pod tethered to the back of the ship, which
>seems to be the point of the game.  Level 6 is the only one really required
>to maneuver through.  So, it makes the game go fast, without really doing
>what you're intended to do.
That's also like the original. In the new levels 7+8 i've changed that.
And you really need the training you get in the lower levels!

>Third, I'm not to sure about hitting 'reset'.  It always sets the level
>back to 1, which is usually not standard for VCS games.  That confused me
>for a little while, as I was always starting on the same level, even when I
>selected a different one to start on.
I'll try to correct this.

>Also, on game 2, level 8 is nearly impossible.  I can't get past that
>sliding door.  This could create complications on the later levels (reverse
>gravity, and the other factor that really sucks). Maybe it closes too
>quickly?  I never made it through.
It's possible, i've done it with normal difficulty and reverse gravity.
But yes, it's very hard and it think the "other" factor makes it even
harder. Try to use shield and thrust together, and it shouldn't be more
difficult than without that factor, You'll need a lot of fuel then...

>I would also suggest that when you die completely, that it shows what level
>you died on as well as the score.  I keep losing track.
I could show the mission number in the game over screen. The score should
show the game selection, so you can compare it.

I hope, you enjoy the game anyway.

tjentzsch at web dot de |
IhrName@xxxxxx, 8MB Speicher, Verschluesselung - http://freemail.web.de