Re: [stella] 2600/5200/7800 Programming Tutorial

Subject: Re: [stella] 2600/5200/7800 Programming Tutorial
From: Manuel Polik <manuel.polik@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 09:21:58 +0100
Mark De Smet wrote:

> What I believe you are describing is to update the playfield mid screen,
> so that after the left half is done being used, put in new data for the
> right half.

Yes. I had a little typo in the annotations, I meant making the space
between the 'o' and the 'W' big enogh :-)

> Initially when I read your code, I figured that you made a mistake when
> you read from world,x and then later from world+1,x I had made the
> (incorrect) assumption that x was indexed once every line.  This is kinda
> a neat way to access the graphics as it means that it is easier to draw
> the graphics(except for the fact that the PF1 is backwards).  Where did
> you come up with the idea of doing it like this?

Uhm... dunno. Maybe I'm just used to think of two-dimensional arrays
from my C++ duties. To bad such elegant programming is not too useful,
as it wastes a byte and two cycles for the second 'DEX'.

Greetings,
	Manuel