Re: [stella] Qb: RELEASE CANDIDATE #1

Subject: Re: [stella] Qb: RELEASE CANDIDATE #1
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 20:11:39 -0500
>Subject: [stella] Qb: RELEASE CANDIDATE #1
>

>> Well, here it is... the first version which has a (slight) chance of being
>> releaseable finished-product.  I'm calling it 'release candidate #1'.

>> * Timing (lines/frame) mostly fixed.  There appears to be the occasional
>> line jump/glitch on some screens, so I guess I'll probably have to look
>> at/find/fix that, if possible.

Hi Andrew,

I finally got a chance to test Qb on a 2600.  Man...I *so* prefer my joypad
to the friggin keyboard used by emulators!  This game is really good.  I agree
with others about the enemies having different personalities.  That adds a lot
to gameplay...not that I've ever *seen* the second enemy! (see below)

But there's a pretty bad timing issue, which makes the game impossible to play.
I don't know the code at all, but it seems to consistently lose vertical sync
on the 4th board, when the last block starts moving toward the board.  It also
does this when the player and the enemy move near each other, but that's
harder to pin down.  This is a major bug, a show stopper.  Hope it's easy to
fix!

I'm using Qb202NTSC.bin, BTW.

-Chris

-