Re: [stella] Infogrames considers Atari 2600 B-Side release!

Subject: Re: [stella] Infogrames considers Atari 2600 B-Side release!
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 16:29:17 +0200
> I also want to thank you guys, you should applaud yourselves for being
> there and serving in behalf of the Atari community!  Keep those ideas and
> suggestions coming.

Most of the games I like have already been suggested a couple of times.
But one game I'd like to add is the prototype of Holey Moley. Even though
this game requires a keypad to play, I think it still would translate well
enough to the GBA, since it only uses 9 keys. This could probably simulated
with the crosspad for selecting the key and a button to 'press' the key.

BTW, have you already done some emulator testing on the GBA? According
to all the magazine articles around here, the GBA is only working at
about 16MHz. That's not a whole lot for an universal VCS emulator.
You'd probably have to use some seriously optimized assembler code, and
still would need to customize the emulator routines a lot for each of
the games.

Also the screen resolution might be a problem. You might be forced to
turn the display by 90 degrees, so maybe you should select your games
to work well even when viewed from the side. I think early games like

Combat
Maze Craze
Warlords
Surround
Indy 500
Space War
Dodge Em
etc.

would still be alright under these circumstances.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

-