Re: [stella] Gameline

Subject: Re: [stella] Gameline
From: "Glenn Saunders" <cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 11:17:47 -0700

Just one question about the Gameline... was it common there on US? I dont have
anything personal against the SuperCharger, but wouldn't a modified GameLine
serve better as a development tool than the SC? I mean, if we could get the
code to the server, we could maybe get a serial link up from the 2600 and a PC.
What do you think?
<<

The cool thing about the Gameline was the BIDIRECTIONAL communication potential of it. If it's a true modem, then you could do some interesting client/server games, online games where the 2600 is just a display engine.

Other than that, the Cuttle Cart is better than a Gameline, and given how rare Gamelines are, you wouldn't save much money finding a Gameline on Ebay vs. buying a Cuttle Cart.