[stella] 'Look Ma No Flicker' revisited

Subject: [stella] 'Look Ma No Flicker' revisited
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 20:09:22 -0700
At 12:44 AM 8/27/2001 +0200, you wrote:
Pieros 'Look Mom No Flicker' demo seems to do exactly what you need for
the game. I'm just not sure how many PF-writes he did and I think I read
something about horizontal limitations in his mails as well.

The restriction on horizontal position won't be a problem with the cars, but it will for the pedestrians who need to start on the left and right safe zones.

I'm thinking that I might be able to do this if I only draw the center playfield bitmap every other scanline, similar to Thrust. I can then throw most of the sprite decision logic during the empty playfield scanline.

I'd really like to see Piero's source-code, though. Piero??

-