Re: [stella] 'Look Ma No Flicker' revisited

Subject: Re: [stella] 'Look Ma No Flicker' revisited
From: Piero Cavina <p.cavina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 12:00:21 +0200
At 20.09 26/08/01 -0700, Glenn Saunders wrote:

The restriction on horizontal position won't be a problem with the cars, but it will for the pedestrians who need to start on the left and right safe zones.

Yes, I remember there's a certain restriction on horizontal position of some of the sprites.

Glenn, can you define exactly which kind of kernel you need?
Let's try:
Sprites: 4 sprites, single scanline resolution, monochrome, they share the same color in pairs. No restrictions on both horizontal and vertical position.
Playfield: blocks, monochrome, non-symmetrical; resolution.. ?x?

I would say that a kernel for a game like this should not be very far from the one that Atari did for games like Ms. PacMan or Dig Dug.
Probably you will have to implement "intelligent flicker", i.e. two sprites flicker only when they share the same vertical zone.
And I'm almost sure that it's not a simple kernel at all.

I'd really like to see Piero's source-code, though. Piero??

As soon as I have found it :)

--
Ciao, \
 P.    \ PGP public key available.