Re: [stella] Stella projects I wished to be finished...

Subject: Re: [stella] Stella projects I wished to be finished...
From: "Glenn Saunders" <cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 16:06:41 -0700
It's part of Stellalist's charter that code posted to the list is up for grabs by other programmers, although it's not like a GPL or anything. We've all come to rely on "stealing" code here and there to put together our games. Most games here contain some routines from other programs, especially How to Draw a Playfield. I don't think anyone would try to outright plagiarize an entire game. The end result is still by and large the authorship of the programmer.

I think this has the net effect of making our finished code better than it would otherwise be if we were not allowed to or not able to reuse code fragments from other programs.