Re: [stella] Stella projects I wished to be finished...

Subject: Re: [stella] Stella projects I wished to be finished...
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 23:33:05 +0100
Piero Cavina schrieb:

> >I think even when the original authors lost interest in
> >their babies, it might be interesting for some to take
> >them as a jumpstart base for their own projects...

> Who wants to be the first to release an open source-license Atari 2600
> game? :-)

I think it wouldn't make that much sense in our business. In the same
time someone reads himself into the Gunfight source for example, one
could as well write his own game. I think reading other sources is a
cool thing to learn tricks & techniques, but the 2600 environment is
just too small for more than one person working on the same project. (I
say that even when I think that it'd be cool to do 'Star Fire' as a 2
people project. Anybody interested in doubling the personel of the XYPE
team next year? :-))

Greetings,
	Manuel

-