Re: [stella] AI for Warring Worms

Subject: Re: [stella] AI for Warring Worms
From: "Roger Williams" <mer02@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 16:06:07 -0700
> Here is my latest release of Warring Worms.  It features one player mode
in
> games 10-19.

Pretty cool!  It's a nice-looking implementation f'sure.

A few quibblegestions...

1. It really seems like something should happen if you get shot in the
face with the cannon.  It just isn't intuitive not to have some
vulnerability
there.

2. I don't think you should be able to reverse into your own trail and
die.  I'm pretty sure the similar game in Tron didn't allow this.

3. In game 10, you can win every game by:
    a. Play chicken with the computer
    b. Turn toward the bottom of the screen at the last moment
    c. If that doesn't get him, turn toward the right side of the screen.

The AI should be a bit more unpredictable.  You might want to check
out the thread we just had on random number generators.

I think you also have a timing glitch.  The screen was jumping a bit in
Z26.  I'm about to fire up the PROM burner and try it on my real Atari,
I'll get back to you if there's a problem.

--Roger Williams

-