[stella] Re: Gunfight Release Candidate(s)

Subject: [stella] Re: Gunfight Release Candidate(s)
From: "Andrew Wallace" <apeboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 09:39:30 GMT
Eckhard Stolberg writes:

A note about z26: the PAL colours are way off compared to a real PAL
setup.
The colours in z26 are too pale and washed out.
When running on the real thing the colours are just as vibrant as the NTSC
colours.

I don't think they are that far off. Of course that depends on how you have tuned your TV-set and your monitor. But if you really think the colours in z26 are too inacurate, maybe you could create a better palette for us. Maybe you could take a screenshot of the second screen of the colour test program (the one where you can see all 128 colours at once) and edit the palette untill the picture looks like the display on your TV.

When I have some extra time I will give that a try (but the little free computer time I have seems to all be sucked up feeding bits to the woodgrain box sitting next to my computer).

Is there any plan to port z26 to Windows. It's a great program (especially the log feature) but as a DOS program, the performance under Windows XP is a little disappointing.

Regards,