Re: [stella] The heart of darkness. (was midified VCS)

Subject: Re: [stella] The heart of darkness. (was midified VCS)
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 03:57:44 -0500 (EST)
On Sat, 17 Nov 2001, John Saeger wrote:

> [...]

I've attached a hasty drawing of the cell in question.  Those are indeed
FETs.  That is a "half" pass-gate.  Basically, it's a switch.  Think
"tristate output".  The "A" means that it's the smallest standard gate
size.  Take a look at the last page for the actual sizes.  Because they
are located after a passgate, near a node with no other input, I'm assuming
the "*" means that the node can be in an undriven state.  That is certainly
the case here.

Now...I don't know what this circuit actually does.  Yet.  This section of
the chip is one of my lowest priorities at the moment.  But hopefully, this
information will allow you to dig through it yourself.

-Chris