Re: [stella] Perfect BIN copy protection

Subject: Re: [stella] Perfect BIN copy protection
From: Chad Schell <gamer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2002 15:18:05 -0800
At 01:17 AM 2/18/2002, you wrote:
At 02.02.2002, 23:04, Chad Schell wrote:
> There is no flaw in the Cuttle Cart's emulation of various ROM and RAM
> modes once switched to that mode.

I really hope, nothing that I posted here could be misinterpreted that
way.

That was just a misunderstanding that I felt like clearing up. Not certain where it started, and not at all worried or upset by it. Just felt I'd get the accurate information out there.

Those effects might be hard to recognize. It depends on what the random
number generator is used for.

That's what I figured. And as long as they're most unrecognizable they shouldn't bother people when it comes to playing the game. That's why I didn't concern myself with it too much when designing the Cuttle Cart.

The "killer ways" I was "proudly harping about", where not how to
disable CC (because we both know that's trivial), but to prevent people
from removing this disabling code or the hack protection.

And now, I'm moving on... :-)

Sounds good to me. And I do appreciate your conversion of PAL games to NTSC. It was an interesting aspect of the Cuttle Cart's introduction that suddenly the fact that ROMs where PAL or NTSC mattered. (And my TV is terrible at handling a PAL signal.)

Chad

Chad Schell
gamer@xxxxxxxxxxx
Like the Atari 2600?  Check out the Cuttle Cart.
http://www.schells.com/cuttlecart.shtml