Re: [stella] RE: My Atari 2600 15-Pin Controller Ports and Controllers

Subject: Re: [stella] RE: My Atari 2600 15-Pin Controller Ports and Controllers
From: Ben Combee <combee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 00:52:48 -0600
At 03:28 PM 2/23/2002 -0800, you wrote:
But do PC joystick extension cords (or monitor cables) use all 15 lines? Often times the form factor doesn't mean all pins of said form factor are used.

On a joystick cable, two pins are defined as not connected. On the original VGA connector, pins 5, 9, and 15 aren't used. However, modern monitors use these lines to talk to PNP video cards for configuration, so I expect that some video extension cables connect all 15 pins -- I could be wrong.

--
Ben Combee
Techwood Broadcasting Foundation, Austin Bureau Chief