Re: [stella] Animating the Marbles

Subject: Re: [stella] Animating the Marbles
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 12:40:08 +0200
At 03.07.2002, 05:17, Paul Slocum wrote:
> I've pretty much conceded that I won't be able to animate the marbles,
> but I figured I'd post my kernal and see if anyone wants to try to
> squeeze a few cycles out.  Kernal A has less free cycles than Kernal
> B, so that's the one to look at.

It noticed, that you have to exchange the X-registrer only because the
PF-color resolution is half as high as the PF resolution.

If you would store both colors for left and right PF *interleaved*, then
you never would have to exchange X. Then you could remove all those tsx,
txs, lsr, temp4 etc. stuff and save a *lot* (>20) of cycles.

BTW: When the marble falls off horizontally, it is displayed, as if it
is just *not* falling. Vertically this looking ok.

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |