[stella] Review my marble animation

Subject: [stella] Review my marble animation
From: Paul Slocum <paul-stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 21:53:45 -0500
I managed to rearrange stuff and make room for two extra frames of animation for my marbles. I used a variation of the graphics Kirk suggested. I believe I will be able to get at least one and hopefully two more player shapes to animate "falling off". I haven't tried all of Thomas's ideas to optimize the kernal yet, so it's still possible that I may find a way to double the number of player shapes.

See what you think of what I've got. It's not perfect, but I think it gives a decent impression of "rolling" and it's at least an improvement over no animation. :o)

I've also started implementing some of your suggestions. The timer now always stops when you die. And when your marble is reset, it flickers quickly right before you regain control to warn you that you are about to start playing. Game Select now cycles through the options on the title screen. I've slowed the "inactive player" animation, and the B&W switch now turns it off without affecting the music.

It's a work in progress right now: There is an extra scanlines right now, and only the left player is animated. Also, I put "walls" on the first level.

I really appreciate everyone's feedback and help so far. My game's going to be a lot better for it.

-paul