Re: vcs.h (was: Re: [stella] redline problem OK...THANKS!!!!)

Subject: Re: vcs.h (was: Re: [stella] redline problem OK...THANKS!!!!)
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 00:11:04 +0200
> Regarding z26...how could I possibly trust something that doesn't support
> the Mecacart memory format!?  :P

The Mecacart memory format? Admit it Chris, you just made that one up.
If that's all you can bring up against z26, then it's not going
to change my faith in the emulator acuracy. ;-)

As for your old Megacart format, once someone sends us a ROM
image or a working prototype cart, we are going to add support
for it to z26. Well, maybe for a Megacart jr. format, since we
are running very low on space already. ;-)

> The above URL contains complete memory maps, in various styles.  Enjoy!

In your TIA chart you are listing most of the read addresses as
"undefined", while they actually repeat every $10 addresses. So
reading from $01 is the same as readingf from $11, $21, $31 etc.
In fact some games read from addresses at $3x, since those are
undefined as write addresses. Maybe you could add a note to your
TIA chart?

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg