Re: [stella] Skeleton - complete

Subject: Re: [stella] Skeleton - complete
From: "Eric Ball" <eball@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 08:23:41 -0400
KirkIsrael wrote:
> Random idea: how many levels of sound are there? Could maybe the
b+w/color switch change it between being sound based vs how light the
background color is, for the game of hotter/colder? You'd have to find a
color that was visible for both the walls and skeleton, even when it was
fairly light...

If I was able to put in some kind of indicator, it would be selectable via
a difficulty switch.  The sound code uses all 15 volume levels for both
channels independently.

Right now the maze colour relates to the "level" (maze #/skeleton #) and
the skeleton colour indicates it's health (except for the hit & death
flashing).  But while I was debugging the sound code, I used the
CTRLPF=SCORE setting and set COLUP0/1 instead of AUDV0/1.  Talk about easy
to find the Skeleton.  Naturally, I couldn't use that in the real game
since it would mess up the Skeleton graphics.