Re: [stella] Skeleton - complete

Subject: Re: [stella] Skeleton - complete
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 10 Sep 2002 01:27:39 -0000
> > That's part of the challenge.  Try turning around, there is a significant
> > difference in volume between ahead & behind.  I still haven't heard from
> > anyone with a stereo VCS how well that works.
>
> Unfortunately that's still difficult for deaf and hard of hearing player to
> handle.  I myself have trouble telling where the sounds come from in real
> life and in some video games.  One example I had trouble would be in Zelda
> 64: Ocarina of Time where you had to follow the music through the lost
> woods.  I had to look up the spoiler to find the direction as I couldn't
> tell anyway. (Thankfully the maze in that game isn't randomized or I'd be
> screwed)

Yeah, I was thinking about how many games depend on sound to play...
sometimes even whey they have captions and what not.

Random idea: how many levels of sound are there? Could maybe the
b+w/color switch change it between being sound based vs how
light the background color is, for the game of hotter/colder?
You'd have to find a color that was visible for both the walls
and skeleton, even when it was fairly light...

(To be fair I haven't had the chance to load up this latest version)

MISTAKES "It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve
            as a warning to others." --Demotivators, http://despair.com