Re: [stella] Hardware Problems

Subject: Re: [stella] Hardware Problems
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 17:40:04 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, John Saeger wrote:

> You know, color is a hard thing to talk about.  Everybody sees things
> differently, and it's hard to remember colors accurately from memory.  But
> the really dark brown of the tree trunk is what struck me as being too dark.
> But maybe it's actually *correct*.  I can't really compare to other ways of
> looking at real hardware right now, because I don't have everything set up.
> You know how it is...  But I think I want one of these things Chris.

Yeah, I know how it is.  I've been staring at those tree trunk for 3 years
now, and I'm still not convinced.  But I *am* done with it.  ;)

> Phase shifts in the TIA.  I like the sound of that.  ;-)

Yeah...phase shifts in the TIA.  But all the color is done with phase
shifting in the TIA, and this particular delay is just a bit off.
Convenient excuse, isn't it?  :)  But whether or not it's psychological,
I do notice a difference when I switch in another TIA chip.

I hate chroma.  :/

-Chris